Joining us for our April trip to the tremendously gorgeous Tawang
? We’re mighty excited to have you along! While we eagerly look forward to our fun in the mountains, its also important to be well prepared to keep ourselves absolutely warm for our trip.
1. Covid-19 negative certificate: As mentioned before, each individual joining us for this trip will have to undergo a Covid-19 test. The negative result of the test, dated not earlier than 72 hours before the day of arrival in Guwahati, shall have to be carried along for the trip (Digital Copy). Please note, that you will have to send the certificate to us by April 9th. We recommend getting tested on the 7th to ensure obtaining the report in time, however, please confirm with your local lab in advance. This report has to be emailed to us on [email protected] It’s a must, and no one will be allowed to join the trip if they have not submitted the certificate.
2.Carry a Covid Preventive Kit: A personal sanitizer, face masks and gloves. Do carry a small first aid kit. I will be carrying a first aid kit myself, but it helps if you are carrying one too. It is also advisable to invest in a PPE kit if you are taking a flight. A surface disinfectant is recommended too.
Temperatures are going to range from 12 to 14 degrees during the day and will dip to as low as 4 to 8 degrees at nights. Bum La Pass and Sela Pass can touch even 1 degree but those are just day visits, so, one heavy jacket shall suffice.
Here is a winter check list and how to be well prepared for the trip
1) Wear layers. It’s always better than wearing one thick jacket. Please make sure you get a couple of thermals (both lower and upper). These will serve as your innermost layers. Sweaters that will serve as the middle layer. Carry minimum 2 for the trip, more if you want to be fashionable 😉 One thick windproof down/fleece jackets will serve as the outer shell to protect from cold winds. Other than that you can keep 2 normal jackets or sweatshirts as most places will be more pleasant than extremely cold.
2) Winter caps to cover your ears, and scarves to cover the neck
3) Chapstick, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses
The above four points are musts for the trip. Also sharing some things to carry that aren’t musts but will help you out on the trip if you carry them
4) One Shawl – to keep you nice and warm, especially when we are travelling in the minibus
5) A good pair of sturdy shoes. You don’t need specific trekking shoes on this trip. Just a pair of sturdy comfortable shoes will see you through. In case you tend to feel cold easily make sure to keep extra socks, these help in staying warm.
6) We are trying our bit to make the planet a better place so we do not encourage people carrying or buying plastic bottles. It will be nice if you can each get your own bottle, and we can keep filling it up wherever we stay or visit.
7) Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.
PS : If you wish, you can carry Hair Dryers. It helps to Keep yourself warm as well as brush off some moisture from your clothes in case they get wet. Make sure it’s a small one.
8) Other clothes – keep your jeans, track pants and tees along for the trip. In the day you’d be mostly wearing this and then layering up, as and when needed, in the above shared manner.
9) Get any games you want to such as playing cards, Uno cards, balls, Frisbee.
10) If anyone has a pair of speakers, please get them. Will be fun to play music in the bus and in the rooms when we are partying.
Points to Remember:
a. If the above list sounds exhaustive, remember you might not have all of these. But we have shared these with you, because we want to take no chance when it comes to staying warm, staying fit, and not falling sick. And we recommend you carry these.
b. As mentioned time and again, weather will play a role in this trip. As of now, we predict that things will go perfectly, but in case weather holds us up somewhere or some of the sights get closed down, we expect you to understand that. We shall go to the mountains and tackle whatever comes our way with a smile.
*Please note that Arunachal Government doesn’t allow Luggage on the top of a traveller. So, all our luggage will be put on the back of the traveller. So request you to carry a backpack/rucksack/haversack instead of a suitcase.*
Kindly, email your OHOT waiver form in time too. This form is mandatory to join the trip.
Looking forward to seeing you soon and to exploring the beauty of Tawang together!