Liked this post? Share it with others.
1. Vaccination certificates: In case you have had both doses of your vaccine, you can send that to us and will not need to send across a covid negative test result. However, if you have had only one vaccine dose then you will still have to get the covid test done for the safety of the entire group and this is compulsory.
2.Carry a Covid Preventive Kit: A personal sanitizer, face masks and gloves. Do carry a small first aid kit. I will be carrying a first aid kit myself, but it helps if you are carrying one too.
Leh – Charu Palace
Nubra – Nubra Eco Village
Pangong – Tsoma Resort
Things to carry:
1. Please carry one photo id with address proof.
2. Temperatures are going to range from 15 to 17 degrees during the day and will dip to 5-7 degrees at nights in both Leh and Nubra.
Nights at Pangong lake can be quite windy and cold.
As per the range of the temperatures, for most days your T-shirts will suffice in the daytime as the days can be hot. Come late afternoon/evening you will need a sweatshirt. So, carry 2-3 sweatshirts/sweaters. In case you are more susceptible to the cold and feel cold easily, carry extra because it’s better to have whatever you need. Plus, hey, if you want to be fashionable then we encourage you! 😉
Pangong is more windy and can get extremely cold especially at night. So, a proper heavy jacket for just this location is a must. If you have thermals bring them or else layer up with sweaters, woollen lowers, socks, etc. Remember that layering is the key for these locations.
3. Carry a woollen cap, muffler, gloves, and woolen socks to protect all exposed areas. While the temperatures may not feel cold all throughout, the mornings and evenings, especially nights, can get windy and covering these exposed parts can make you much warmer.
4. A good pair of sturdy shoes. You don’t need specific trekking shoes on this trip. Just a pair of sturdy comfortable shoes will see you through. In case you tend to feel cold easily make sure to keep extra socks, these help in staying warm.
5. At high altitudes there is a higher chance of a sunburn so carry lots of sunscreen, lip balm, moisturizers, sunglasses, caps and hats.
6. We are trying our bit to make the planet a better place so we do not encourage people carrying or buying plastic bottles. It will be nice if you can each get your own bottle, and we can keep filling it up wherever we stay or visit.
7. Prepaid sims won’t work in Ladakh. Please carry postpaid sims for phone connectivity. Airtel and BSNL works best. Jio also works in most areas. Vodafone and Idea won’t work. In Pangong you won’t get any network even for the postpaid sims.
8. As we get to a higher altitude, there are chances of getting caught with AMS. So, Diamox is a tablet that generally helps many to deal with it. Carrying that, along with routine tablets would be very helpful. A lot of our journey will be on ghats. If you’ve got motion sickness issues, “Ondem 4mg” is a tablet that has proven to be very effective. Also, carry “Camphor”. Its something that’s very effective when one feels their having issues with breathing.
The above mentioned are names of tablets that have been effective for many cases. If you use something else and find that comfortable, carry those. Plus your general tablets for cold cough, tummy issues, etc. will be handy (This is precautionary).
9. Carry a torch for our camping days in Pangong and Nubra.
10. Also in Pangong electricity will be available only for 2-3 hours in the evening (you can charge your phone at that time). So you carrying a portable charger makes sense.
11. Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.
Get any games you want to such as playing cards, Uno cards, balls, Frisbee.
If anyone has a pair of speakers, please get them. Will be fun to play music in the bus and rooms when we are partying!
Points to Remember:
a. If the above list sounds exhaustive, remember you might not have all of these. But we have shared these with you, because we want to take no chances when it comes to staying warm, staying fit, and not falling sick. And, we recommend you carry these.
b. As mentioned time and again, weather will play a role in this trip. As of now, we predict that things will go perfectly, but in case the weather holds us up somewhere or some of the sights get closed down, we expect you to understand the same. We shall go to the mountains and tackle whatever comes our way with a smile together! 🙂
Please mail us your OHOT Waiver form in time too.
Any other questions, do feel free to ask. See you sooooon!