In recent years, this country has started catching the eye of travellers. With its mountains, rivers and a lot more the country looks absolutely stunning and has people curious for all the right reasons!
1. Despite being a landlocked country, it is home to the second largest high-altitude lake in the world, Issyk-Kul which is 113 miles long and 37 miles deep.
2. It is one of the least crowded countries in the world. Per each square kilometre there are just 29.5 residents!
3. There are 11 national parks found here.
40 Horse meat and fermented mare’s milk are traditionally consumed here.
5. When we talk about Kyrgyzstan being blessed with mountains, we actually mean that the country has 80% mountain cover thanks to the Tian Shan mountainous region. The country is thus rightfully referred to as the Switzerland of Central Asia.
6. In the Cholpon Ata region petroglyphs or ancient carvings on rock surfaces can be seen.
7. The city of Karakol is quite a wonder to explore with a cathedral, a mosque, a zoo and even museums. One stop, many things to see!
8. A number of people still prefer the countryside and living in yurts. In fact, only 36% of the population resides in towns or cities.
9. The epic of Manas has been narrated in the lengthiest epic in the world with 500,000 lines. Wow, this writer can give me a run for my money! Hah. Folklore states that he was a warrior who set to unify the warring tribes of the land. Today his significance in the culture is crucial which can be noticed in the names of parks, universities, statues and even an airport after him!
10. The world famous trade route, the Silk Road, used to actually run through Kyrgyzstan!
Check out our article on top things to do in Kyrgyzstan here!
How to Reach:
You can fly out from our capital, New Delhi, to their capital, Bishkek. There are direct flights available and it takes just 6 hours and 25 minutes.
For visa kindly refer to the following page on our website: