Israel is famous for being the ancestral homeland of the Jews, for its architectural wonders and a lot more that we ought to know!
1. It is the only country with more trees today than it did 50 years ago. Yay Israel!
2. More museums per capita can be found in this country than anywhere else in the world including the first underwater museum in the world!
3. It is also the only country in the world with a theatre comprised of dumb and deaf actors. ?
4. Israel has so many scientists that on a per capita basis it ranks amongst the top most countries for production of scientific papers.
5. From the voicemail technology to the first ever cherry tomato, both were invented in Israel (few amongst the many inventions in the country including the incredibly cool Anti Date Rape Straw, the ingestible video camera and the crib death preventive monitor).
6. The intelligence level is so high that the city of Beersheba has the highest number of chess grandmasters than any other city.
7. Not only are the humans of Israel quite the achievers, even their cows are! Israeli cows produce more milk than cows anywhere else in the world, vying only next to South Korean cows. Moo you!
8. In 2012 the country also prohibited the use of underweight models in fashion shows!
9. Despite their difficult neighbourhoods Israelis actually rank high on the happiness index. ?
10. The Negev Desert underwent such heavy snowfall in the year 1992 that it actually dropped a few centimetres.
1. Negev Desert deserves a visit and the picture above tells you why. You could hike or even enjoy a camel or a jeep ride. Catching the sunset here does make for a treat for the eyes. In fact, if you camp out at Timna Park you maybe able to do some incredible stargazing.
2. Of course, you have to head to the Dead Sea. It is after all not just the most peculiar water body known to mankind but also rich with minerals. Who’s in for a free mud bath? And let’s not forget how beautiful it is, as the salt concentration contributes to its colour.
3. For some beach time head to the Tel Aviv and Eliat beaches.
4. Caesarea is the underwater museum with 4 diving sites and 25 points of interest including ruins, warehouses, boardwalks, etc. It makes for a fun day presenting a taste of both adventure and culture. Alternatively, if you’re in it for some marine life then the Coral Beach Nature Reserve Observatory has some beautiful corals and reefs to be seen with their diving experiences.
5. The natural beauty of this country can be explored at the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve or Safari Park Ramat Gan.
6. And since we did mention the plethora of museums earlier you should know that you can pick out a museum here for almost any of you interests, from natural history to design to art, etc.
7. Walk around the Old City in Jerusalem to soak in the culture and history of the country. The Wailing Wall and the Holy Sepulchre are must visits here. And if that nature of travelling interests you, you could even walk down Rothschild Boulevard, head to Masada or pay a visit to the Galilee region.
8. And for the other worldly feel to sink in, give in the charms of the port city of Jaffa with its ruins, trendy restaurants, churches and galleries.
Click here to read about Israeli Cuisine in detail!
How to Reach:
You can mostly catch a flight to Tel Aviv via Istanbul.