“Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.” -Andy Andrews
Liked this post? Share it with others.
Yesterday was International Mountain Day and here at This Guy, we all love being in the mountains.
Here are few of our favourite mountain quotes. Hope you enjoy reading them.
“ Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
2. Trip leader Niyati Saxena snowed out in Tirthan valley
“The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” — Paulo Coelho
“Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” ― David McCullough Jr.
4. Trip leader Sakshi Pant camping in the meadows of Dayara Bugyal
“I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
5. Trip leader Shazia Ahmed trekking to Kheer Ganga
“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
6. Shrimayi Kumar (Operations team) in the mountains of Norway
7. Shaurya Manchanda(Operations team) jumping in Tawang
“Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more that what we could learn from books.” – John Lubbock
8. Reshma Shetty(Operations team) in beautiful Meghalaya
“It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves – Sir Edmund Hillary
9. Wamika Katoch(Operations team) being happy at Chandratal lake
“Oh, these vast, calm, measureless mountain days, days in whose light everything seems equally divine, opening a thousand windows to show us God. – John Muir
10. Smriti Shreya(Operations team) in the mountains
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest”– Alex Lowe