As more and more people are asking for group trips, on more dates, to more locations, short as well as long trips, we are looking out to hire more trip leaders.
Sharing below, what we require in a potential trip leader. If you think you would enjoy the role, and fit the requirements, or know someone who does, put your email IDs in the comments section and we shall send you a list of questions for further assessment.
1) Should be very fit: Since most of our trips involve either a day trek, a hike, or some form of adventure, we are looking only for very fit people. The trip leader should not only be energetic, quick and agile but should be able to motivate, encourage even the slowest or least fit tripper in the group to be able to complete the adventure. We would love to interview people who have done multiple day treks.
2) Should love nature/animals : Only a person who loves animals/nature can fit the brand values.
3) Should be a people’s person : It is not enough to be talkative or lively. A people’s person is much more than that. A trip leader should be able to guage who among the trippers is reserved, feeling uncomfortable, awkward, shy. The trip leader should make them feel comfortable and should have the skill to involve everyone in the group and make the whole group bond together
4) Should not smoke up: I never mentioned this explicitly in similar earlier posts. As a brand, we don’t stop our trippers from smoking up if they really want to, but the brand does not endorse or facilitate it at all, and we don’t want any of the trip we to indulge in it as well
5) It is a big plus point if the candidate has a good travel history. It is not a must, but an advantage if the person has travelled in the mountains or outside India, etc
6) Again it isn’t a must, but a big plus point if you are well read, or speak well, have stories to share etc.
7) Charm goes a long way, on trips, as well as life.
These are some of the things we want or expect. If you are wondering the reasons people apply for this role,
A) Cos they get to travel, meet new people, and live some of their dreams. Seeing snow, diving for the first time, visiting a new country are just some examples of dreams.
b) It is a platform that gives one the opportunity to make a lot of people happy. If you feel happy in other people’s happiness, it is a fantastic place to be in. Not just happy, it is a role that gives you the chance to leave a huge impact on people’s lives.
C) It is a role that is a very emotional experience. In the last five years of leading trips, my biggest take away from here has been the strong bonds I have made, the emotional conversations, hugs, and love I have been part of, and the tremendous amount of gratitude I feel towards the universe.
Do share the post if you feel like.